Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7100V

Dolphin25
Initiate

C7100V

We are trying to stream TV service and have never had any buffering issues with service on old app they used but they came out with new app last month and using that have buffering issue on every single channel almost constantly. Never have buffering issue on Netflix, Prime, Disney, etc so don't believe it is a wifi signal issue. TV provider has recommended to everyone to check "Security Settings" on router as live TV streams from different ports in router then Netflix. Not sure what, if anything can be changed in security settings to make live tv not buffer? Thanks. 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: C7100V

What speeds do you pay for? 

Are you connected to the 2.4ghz or the 5ghz?

How far from your router is the tv with issues?

Message 2 of 4
Dolphin25
Initiate

Thank you - I have tried connection to both 2ghz and 5ghz. TV is about 50 feet from router. Like I said, we have never had buffering issues before and still don't on netflix or Disney plus, just the live TV streaming app so I dont think it is the wifi strength. Thanks for the help. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Netflix and disney can buffer ahead so it isn't as sensitive to fluctuations in speed/connection. 

Plus they can dynamically change their bandwidth quality based on whats streaming. 

Versus live streaming needs a steady/constant stream of high quality. 

Basically I'm trying to say its more sensitive to both your connection speed, your connection quality, and even the device you're streaming on. 

so what speeds do you pay for? 

Make sure you're on 5ghz as its much higher bandwidth.

Just as a test, if you buy a cheap 50-100ft ethernet cable from amazon/monoprice and hardwire the tv in, does it have issues? That''ll help narrow the issue to either a speed issue over wifi or if its a ISP connection/speed issue. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7