Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 firmware nightmare

darkposeiden
Aspirant

C7800 firmware nightmare

God awful. Spent 5 hours of my day trying to update the firmware on my modem/router. 5. Hours. And that's not even the worst part. So after talking to Optimum, they said "Yeah we can't do it, talk to NETGEAR." So I talk to NETGEAR. Guy at NETGEAR says "Yeah the ONLY way to update this device is if your ISP pushes it from their system." So I go back to these morons at Optimum and after a LONG chat, where the employee would take forever as they supposedly "checked on that," they would just come back with a shoulder shrug every time. Absolutely FUMING right now. Conversation attached. Someone please tell me there is a reasonable explanation for this, and that I have something wrong somewhere.

Optimum is the worst company in the world.png

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: C7800 firmware nightmare

Ya thats Level 1 ISP support for you. They know or people above them already know that they, ISPs are solely responsible for updating FW on user modems. Be aware that some ISPs won't update user owned modems and thats up to the ISP. NG develops and tests modem FW, then hands that off to the ISP for there testing and certification of FW on there networks. It's up to the ISP to push it...or not. Been like this for years. Ask for escalated support. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

Is there a problem with your modem? 

Message 2 of 5
darkposeiden
Aspirant

After hour 3, it was no longer about what benefits an update to my router would give me, it was all about the fact that the device that I bought with American dollars has it's software gatekept by a 2 star dog**bleep** ISP

Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Is there a problem you're trying to fix with the update? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7