Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 networking issues

Enchanter100
Follower

C7800 networking issues

Running c7800 on Comcast...  Having some issues..  Wireless clients can't access computers by using //name and have to use local IP addresses.. Wired uses don't have the issue..  Bigger issue, I can't stay connected to a mineraft server hosted on a local pc unless I connect via private ip address of 192.168.0.***   when I connect to it from my web name or external ip address, it works for a while but then eventually stops working.  Then that client won't be able to access most websites until I disable/enable the LAN card or reboot the PC.. Then it works for a while again..  Any ideas?

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
D_Shed
Aspirant

Re: C7800 networking issues

I've had the same issue for the past several months.  After a power interruption causes the R7800 to reboot, it fails to make a connection to my Comcast/Arris TM822 cable modem.  I have to power down the R7800 and physically disconnect the ethernet cable connection to the modem, then power the R7800 back up and reconnect the cable before I can get an ethernet connection.  Sometimes I have to repeat the process several times in order to get a connection.  The R7800 just started this behavior after the last few firmware updates.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 2 of 4

@D_Shed wrote:

After a power interruption causes the R7800 to reboot, it fails to make a connection to my Comcast/Arris TM822 cable modem.  I have to power down the R7800 and physically disconnect the ethernet cable connection to the modem, then power the R7800 back up and reconnect the cable before I can get an ethernet connection.

Yup. That's a standard issue. Got me too.

Power cuts usually take out both the modem and the router on a network. When the power comes back on, they may start up in the wrong order, with the router starting before the modem is ready. That means that they get confused about which is in charge, leaving you with a dead network.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

You should not need to unplug anything. Just give it time to get its act together.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post about this here for your model router:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk
The R7800 is different from the C7800.

You might try Voxels 3rd party FW as well. 

I recommend getting into a better ISP modem as well. The Arris TM line is not the greatest modem available. 

https://badmodems.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5

Good Luck. 

@D_Shed wrote:

I've had the same issue for the past several months.  After a power interruption causes the R7800 to reboot, it fails to make a connection to my Comcast/Arris TM822 cable modem.  I have to power down the R7800 and physically disconnect the ethernet cable connection to the modem, then power the R7800 back up and reconnect the cable before I can get an ethernet connection.  Sometimes I have to repeat the process several times in order to get a connection.  The R7800 just started this behavior after the last few firmware updates.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7