Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C7800 on Comcast as modem/router w/gigabit internet will not d/l more than 150mbs wired/wireless

Renerabbitt
Aspirant

C7800 on Comcast as modem/router w/gigabit internet will not d/l more than 150mbs wired/wireless

As the title says.

New to the community, hello!

My c7800 will not pull anything more than 150mbs on a wired cat6 or wireless.

I'm paying for gigabit speeds and comcast says the problem is with my router.

I've done what troubleshooting I know, somewhat of a novice, reset, factory reset, reboot, get comcast to authorize the router, line test on the cable.

Any help would be appreciated

There are no parental controls and this model has no QoS settings that I know of, Traffic meter is disabled

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
Renerabbitt
Aspirant

Re: C7800 on Comcast as modem/router w/gigabit internet will not d/l more than 150mbs wired/wireless

These are the logs from a recent call to comcast, my ISP

Capture.PNG

Message 2 of 5

Re: C7800 on Comcast as modem/router w/gigabit internet will not d/l more than 150mbs wired/wireless

Pictures will not show until Netgear's moderators approve them.

You might get better replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section:

Cable Modems & Routers

Without more information, I doubt if anyone will be able to offer much in the way of suggestions.

For example, we have no idea how you are testing the speed and what devices you are using.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

When you post in cable/modem forum, make sure to include the screen capture of not just the logs but the connections page. This is important for diagnosing the problem too.  A couple things you could try to.

1. Remove all splitters and directly connect where the drop comes into the house. I've found problems with splitters and wires within houses. removing them removes them from potentially being the problem. 

2. Reset the devices back to factory. After reset, have comcast reprovision the C7800. I've had a rep submit the wrong provisioning before. 

thats where I'd start. If it continues to have issues, repost this in the correct forum and they'll be more help. I do know this device works with comcast gigabit as I've used it for quite a while with that speed. 

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Did CC walk you thru a reset and speed test with the model while you were on the phone with them? 

Be sure your using a fast and capabable PC that can handle 900Mb speed testing. I found that some older dual core CPUs can't handle speed testing at 900Mb or greater. My Quad core Mac Mini does fine. So Quad core CPUs are desired for good speed testing at thes higher speeds. 

Be sure your PC doesn't have any background running apps while speed testing. 

Use OOklas speed testing app vs a web browser pointed to there site. Too many ads on the web site can slow down speed results. The installable app is preferred. 

@Renerabbitt wrote:

As the title says.

New to the community, hello!

My c7800 will not pull anything more than 150mbs on a wired cat6 or wireless.

I'm paying for gigabit speeds and comcast says the problem is with my router.

I've done what troubleshooting I know, somewhat of a novice, reset, factory reset, reboot, get comcast to authorize the router, line test on the cable.

Any help would be appreciated

There are no parental controls and this model has no QoS settings that I know of, Traffic meter is disabled

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series