Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAN'T FIND MODEL NUMBER

SATNO1
Aspirant

CAN'T FIND MODEL NUMBER

I just switched out my router (it died) for one from the cable company. I explicitly ask for the fastest one they had and was told by a netgear chat person which one to get and he even checked my local cable store to make sure they had them, which they did. Long story short, the associate in the Xfinity store refused to listen to what I was trying to tell him. He knew best. He gave me a router/modem that is worse than the one I had for the last several years. I asked him for one that I could stream movies or gaming without it buffering every 15 seconds. Well, he  gave me one that assuming you can even get the movie to start, it buffers for around 3 to 4 minutes and then we get to watch about 10 seconds of the movie before it repeats itself. Can someone tell me what is the fastest router that netgear makes? I was told in a chat once, but I didn't write it down thinking I would get a copy of the chat. I am about to unplug this piece of junk and take it back to the cable company. If I must, I will go buy another one myself. The only reason I decided to go back with a cable owned modem was the 24/7 support and free replacement if  it goes belly up. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAN'T FIND MODEL NUMBER

Buy your own stand alone modem, i.e. CM1000 or CM1100 and then buy a external router, NGs R or RAX series routers or try an Orbi system. 

@SATNO1 wrote:

I just switched out my router (it died) for one from the cable company. I explicitly ask for the fastest one they had and was told by a netgear chat person which one to get and he even checked my local cable store to make sure they had them, which they did. Long story short, the associate in the Xfinity store refused to listen to what I was trying to tell him. He knew best. He gave me a router/modem that is worse than the one I had for the last several years. I asked him for one that I could stream movies or gaming without it buffering every 15 seconds. Well, he  gave me one that assuming you can even get the movie to start, it buffers for around 3 to 4 minutes and then we get to watch about 10 seconds of the movie before it repeats itself. Can someone tell me what is the fastest router that netgear makes? I was told in a chat once, but I didn't write it down thinking I would get a copy of the chat. I am about to unplug this piece of junk and take it back to the cable company. If I must, I will go buy another one myself. The only reason I decided to go back with a cable owned modem was the 24/7 support and free replacement if  it goes belly up. Any suggestions?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7