Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80-100NAS issue

apparsa
Follower

CAX80-100NAS issue

My CAX80-100NAS only shows power light on. The other lights blink for few seconds and then turn off. I checked with Comcast, there are no issues on their side and I rented a modem/router from them and it works fine.

I had this same issue 2 years back and Netgear replaced the device, shocking that its happened again. There is some issue with the product hardware which is resulting in failure with short time, specially for a premium product such as this. Anyone else have this issue as well?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80-100NAS issue

With the CAX80 disconnected from the ISP Coax cable line, perform a 30-30-30 reset on the modem. Use a phone with a timer so you can press and release and each 30 second interval. 

After the last 30 second reset button release, connect the modem back to the ISP cable line. Connect one ethernet connected PC to the back of the modem. Give a couple of minutes, can you access the modems web page at 192.168.1.1 at all? 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80-100NAS issue

Any progress on this? 

@apparsa wrote:

My CAX80-100NAS only shows power light on. The other lights blink for few seconds and then turn off. I checked with Comcast, there are no issues on their side and I rented a modem/router from them and it works fine.

I had this same issue 2 years back and Netgear replaced the device, shocking that its happened again. There is some issue with the product hardware which is resulting in failure with short time, specially for a premium product such as this. Anyone else have this issue as well?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series