Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 Router Updated to Firmware 2.1.2.6

tamanaco
Apprentice

CAX80 Router Updated to Firmware 2.1.2.6

I just finished updating my CAX80 Router side to version 2.1.2.6. The router received an update available banner notice. So far, I found that Samsung TV Plus works well with this firmware update and WiFi Calling also appears to be working. The brief release notes on the update notification says: "[New Feature and Enhancement] Stability improvements - [Security Fixes] Fixed security issues". The firmware is not yet available in the CAX80 Support Download page and neither are release notes with further details. Hopefully, we'll get somone from Netgear with knowledge of this firmware update to post further details on what's new, fixed and improved.Firmware Update Status after Installation.png

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 Router Updated to Firmware 2.1.2.6

So this appeared on the CAX web page as a notification for new FW? 

What ISP are you with? 

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 9
tamanaco
Apprentice

furrye38 - The notice appeared as a black banner on top of the CAX80 Home page. I posted pictures along with my post, but they appeared to be either waiting for approval or did not upload correctly. This has happened in the past and the pictures "e v e n t u a l l y" show up with the post. Spectrum is my ISP

Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, pictures need approval. 

Wow, Spectrum is actually letting FW to be updated on user owned modem. This is a first. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 9
tamanaco
Apprentice

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Wow, Spectrum is actually letting FW to be updated on user owned modem. This is a first. Smiley Tongue

I could be wrong, but I believe the ISPs are responsible for firmware updates for the "Modem" side ot the CAX80 and Netgear is respomsible for the "Router" side. You can download the previous version 2.1.1.4 along with its release notes from the Netgear Support Download site here: https://www.netgear.com/support/download/?model=CAX80 - I would expect to see 2.1.2.6 on the Netgear site in the not too distant future.

Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that NG may have sent this to the router site. ISP are responsible for the modem side. So might have come from NG services instead of ISP. 

Message 7 of 9
tamanaco
Apprentice

The CAX80 Firmware 2.1.2.6 and associated Release Notes are now available for download at the Netgear CAX80 Support Page I linked to above. No additional details in the release notes. If you find any new features, fixes and/or enhacements to the CAX80 with this firmware, please post them on this thread.

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

New Features and Enhancements:

• Stability improvements 
  • Security Fixes 

Security Fixes:

• Fixed security issues.

For more information about security vulnerabilities, visit https://www.netgear.com/about/security.

Download Link: 

https://kb.netgear.com/000063900/CAX80-Firmware-Version-2-1-2-6?language=en_US

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7