Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 shows Cancel/Apply constantly in the admin page

arch1mede
Aspirant

CAX80 shows Cancel/Apply constantly in the admin page

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. I accessed the admin page, normally the Cancel/Apply buttons do not appear till you want to make a change however they show up all of the time.

Depending on whats being selected, they either do nothing or produce a 404 error.

This happens on ALL browsers, all OS's. Clear cache on all of them.

Reflashed from the OOB firmware to the newest, same behavior.

Today I was working with my ISP and needed to change the Cable frequency from 675Mhz to 507Mhz, when I made the value changes and hit Apply, it produced a 404 error, I had to go back and make the selection again to see if it even took.

Reported this to tech support and got back a nonsensical responce.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CAX80 shows Cancel/Apply constantly in the admin page

What ISP are you with? 

What FW is loaded on the CAX80. 

Do you have a screen capture of this that you can post here? 

What browser are you using? 

Normally any items on the cable connections status page are not user changeable. Changes would come in from the ISP on the modem side. 

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status and event log page.
https://kb.netgear.com/30007/How-do-I-obtain-the-cable-connection-information-from-a-NETGEAR-cable-m...
https://kb.netgear.com/30008/How-do-I-view-or-clear-the-event-logs-on-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mode...

Message 2 of 6
arch1mede
Aspirant

What ISP are you with? Not sure why the ISP matters, this is going directly to the admin page on the lan.

What FW is loaded on the CAX80. The latest 2.1.5.2

Do you have a screen capture of this that you can post here? I donno if that would help, I click on anything in the admin page and I see a Cancel/Apply button in the lower right, clicking on it produces either a 404 error or nothing happens and the screen blinks and goes back to what it was before.

What browser are you using? Chrome, Safari, Firefox, cleared cache

Normally any items on the cable connections status page are not user changeable. Changes would come in from the ISP on the modem side. The admin page comes from the isp?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Does this happen after you perform a factory reset and setup from scratch? 

https://kb.netgear.com/000062081/How-do-I-erase-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System

Message 4 of 6
arch1mede
Aspirant

This is brand new out of the box, when you flash the firmware, doesn't that erase all of the settings?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

No.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements