Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CAX80 unable to connect to Xfinity

hawk14
Follower

CAX80 unable to connect to Xfinity

Issue #1 (Main issue): Router losing internet

I am facing weird issue since past 2-3 weeks where unexpectedly router WiFI started asking for password for the existing network and internet is not working.

- If I restart the router and disconnect Xfinity cable, the local WIFI comes up fine and I am able to connect, but obviously no internet.

- If I restart and plug in Xfinity cable, WIFI is visible but it keeps asking password on all devices. I cannot connect to 198.168.1.1 via wired network either, which tells that router has not  booted corrected. Xfinity is unable to detect any issue. Second light from top is furiously blinking.

- It has the latest firmware

I plugged in 12 year old cable modem, and had Xfinity register it, and it works fine. 

Issue #2: Unable to reset router

I tried to hard reset the modem, but it does reset while Xfinity cable is plugged in. I tried multiple times, and even after router flashed lights, and restarted, modem was not reset. I took a chance next day, and I could reset it in a single attempt. After that Xfinity reregistered by router and it started working again. It worked exactly for 1 week, and Issue#1 resurfaced after router was powered off and on. I followed hard reset, reregister with Xfinity steps, but exactly 1 week later the issue surfeited 3rd time in 2 week. This time I am unable to reset the router despite several attempts. 

Xfinity tech is to visit next, but mostly Xfinity will show that their router works (event my 12 year old router works), and not sure if they will make any effort find the root cause. 

Physical wiring seems to be fine. At this point, culprit could be Xfinity who is rejecting the router or the router itself (hardware or firmware). 

I do not see any option other than to junk this router as it 2+ years old. Any feedback will be highly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7