Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 Gigabit connectivity issues on Cox

cobbhc
Follower

CM1000 Gigabit connectivity issues on Cox

I'm currently running a Cox gigabit connection on a CM1000 modem using an Eero mesh network as my router. I am also subscribed to Eero+ and use their enhanced security to send all my DNS requests to Zscaler. Firmware is the latest approved from Cox network (3.01.04).Over the past two to three weeks I've been having issues on the Cox network with intermittently losing connection to the internet. Sometimes this drop would resolve itself, sometimes I would need to power cycle my Eero, my modem, or both. During these episodes the modem never seems to lose sync, but the router will sometimes claim it doesn't have an internet connection. During these times where the modem seems to be in sync but the router has no internet I have pulled the network cord from my PC that runs into the router and plugged it straight into the modem. It identifies, but it does not connect to the internet. In this state it will not ping or nslookup 8.8.8.8 or www.cox.com or what have you.

HOWEVER - if I only power cycle the router in these situation it reacquires the downstream channels and I have internet. I don't have to power cycle the modem to get internet connectivity back.

I have already played around with my Eeros and talked to customer support at Eero to rule out the router, and they see that my router is losing the downstream channels from my modem 1-3 times a day, but don't see anything on their end to make them thing it is the router. After a few more conversations with them and Cox. Cox claims that the signal strength in is all operating within parameters and one especially competent-seeming tech said the signal into the house "was beautiful." They even claim they've boosted the signal strength into the house. I'm ready to believe it is probably Cox but I wanted help diagnosing the issue to make sure it's not the modem. I'm not using a rented Cox modem so they want to blame it on the hardware first. I am attaching and linking the error logs from the past 24-ish hours. Hopefully someone out there can give me a hand.

Thanks a lot!

Edited to add: I just pinged 8.8.8.8  for a whole minute with 30% packet loss.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1000 Gigabit connectivity issues on Cox

Run with a wired PC connected to the modem directly with out the eternal router connected. See if the PC exhibits any problems.

Have the ISP check the signal and quality up to the modem.

Besure there are you coax cable line splitters in beteen the modem and ISP service box.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7