Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 Modem Blinking Downstream Light

Tjpereny
Aspirant

CM1000 Modem Blinking Downstream Light

I recently bought this modem to try and help solve some connection issues I was having. My problems have compounded and my main problem is an excessive amount of packet loss ranging from 10-30%. Comcast came by and found some useless splitters that were installed and removed them. The problem hasn’t been solved though, still just has bad. Does anybody here have any suggestions? I attached the event log and cable connections from the modem. I would appreciate any help!
Message 1 of 4
Tjpereny
Aspirant

Re: CM1000 Modem Blinking Downstream Light

Here is my cable connections
Message 2 of 4
Kitsap
Master

@Tjpereny wrote:
I recently bought this modem to try and help solve some connection issues I was having. My problems have compounded and my main problem is an excessive amount of packet loss ranging from 10-30%. Comcast came by and found some useless splitters that were installed and removed them. The problem hasn’t been solved though, still just has bad. Does anybody here have any suggestions? I attached the event log and cable connections from the modem. I would appreciate any help!

Nothing in your event log that is out of line.

Your power levels are definitely low with respect to Netgear requirements.  The requirements run from 7 dBmV to -7 dBmV.  Some of your channels are as low as -17.1 dBmV.  That is a problem the ISP has to resolve.  Could be too many splitters in the line or problems at the tap where your drop connects to the main line.

Background here:  https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router?cid=wmt_netgear...

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

You have errors in your lines and your power is quite a ways out of spec. Its tough to use the log because you only captured 6 minutes of it. I have a feeling there's quite a few errors in the logs but there isn't enough of them. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, foil touching the copper coax line, loose connections, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

If that doesn't help, the isp needs to check th elines. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7