Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 Troubleshooting

CM1000 Troubleshooting

Hello Everyone:

I have a CM1000 that I bought when they first came out at the end of 2016. I used it with a 300Mb/s connection and it worked fine.

I recently upgraded my connection to 1Gb/s and I am only seeing speeds at up to 500-600Mb/s even though this modem is certified with the ISP's 1Gb/s service. The ISP technician checked the connection speed at the modem and got the same results. He then checked the connection from the coax (wall) connection and saw over 900Mb/s indicating a bottleneck with the modem. The ISP has also verified that the modem was provisioned correctly.

The question is this:

Before I replace the CM1000, what should I look for in the modem's channels readouts pages to indicate proper operation or issues?

Thanks!

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1000 Troubleshooting

the cm1000 does indeed work at gigabit speeds. I've got one working with xfinity right now.

The connections page and log would definitly help in trying to find out if theres a problem.

And I know you've had a tech out but they aren't always the greatest or get the correct partitioning file. 

when you're testing your speeds, how are you testing them? Here's what I'd recommend.

1. hardwire your computer to your modem to ensure the route isn't causing the problem.

2. Test on multiple sites. Speedtest.net sometimes can't saturate the gigabit speeds. Try speedtest.xfinity.com   or speedtest.googlefiber.net    I've had good luck with these saturating gigabit.

Message 2 of 5

Hello Plemans:

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I tried all of these troubleshooting steps (prior to the technician arriving) and saw roughly the same results: through the network stack, connected directly to the modem, all major speed test web utilities.

I am really hoping that someone can tell me what a correctly functioning, or malfunctioning, CM1000 should look like on the CM1000's "Bonded Channels" page.

As well, is anyone aware of any firmware issues with the first units? I would have to check the firmware version, but I am sure that it is an early one.

Anticipatory Replies:

- I am testing via network cable, not WiFi.

- I am not testing through a VPN.

- This particular network stack setup worked fine with a 1Gb fiber connection.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 5

Hello Everyone:

I eventually found a nice reference here:

http://motorolacable.com/whitepapers/cable-connection

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Your ISP and ISP tech will be able to let you know if the modem is working well or not. They need to check the signal up to the modem. Have a wired PC connected to the modem directly when the tech arrives. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7