Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000v2 Modem Unresponsive

dehl
Follower

CM1000v2 Modem Unresponsive

I bought the modem on 93 days ago, and it failed on me this morning. I thought the problem was my ISP and had them come over, but they verified that their side was fine, and it was the modem that was at fault.

The Cable Modem CM1000v2 has 5 lights: the power, the downstream, the upstream, the online, and ethernet lights. At the moment, the power is blinking green. The downstream, upstream, and online is blinking orange. The ethernet is solid orange.

Holding the reset button does nothing. I tried holding it while it is on, pulling the power, and then plugging it back in while still holding the reset and it does nothing. It continues to flash the same. Power cycling results in the same flashing pattern. 

With the modem connected to its coaxial cable, I have tried to connect the modem to my computer, but my computer does not detect the ethernet connection.

The ISP guy explained that something might have went wrong during a firmware update, but I have no idea how to check the status of the modem since it's unresponsive. 

It is frustrating since I lost the technical support 3 days ago, and even though I still have my hardware warrranty, I can't get any help unless I pay for a contract.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1000v2 Modem Unresponsive

Can you try a different power adapter with same voltage and amps. 

Try pressing the reset buttin with the ISP coax cable disconnected first from the modem. See if you can access the modems web page with a PC directly connected to the modem...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7