Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1150V - Unable to register with XFinity

mustafaa
Follower

CM1150V - Unable to register with XFinity

Hello - I have a new CM1150V cable modem that I'm trying to register with XFinity. After several tries, XFinity claims that this modem is not properly configured and I need to go back to NetGear to get it configured first and then XFinity can register the modem. They claim that currently it is not possible to register this modem in their network and is giving an error.

1. Did anyone have faced the problem like this before?

2. How do I get Netgear to help me configure this? Is there a phone number or customer support I can reach.

Please help.

Thanks.

DOCSIS® 3.1 Cable Modem (CM1150V) 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1150V - Unable to register with XFinity

There are no NG or user configurations on CM series modems. ALL configurations and ISP associations are handled by the ISP. 

If there are signal line issues, the ISP will need to review this and resolve them. 

IF you have the modem connected to the ISP coax line, Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status and event log pages for review.
https://kb.netgear.com/30007/How-do-I-obtain-the-cable-connection-information-from-a-NETGEAR-cable-m...
https://kb.netgear.com/30008/How-do-I-view-or-clear-the-event-logs-on-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mode...

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

I'd try a different rep or try the auto-activation method. It wouldn't be the first time a rep couldn't get something and said it was a hardware failure. 

Also, check the coax to make sure its connected properly. 

Message 3 of 4
Kitsap
Master

It is possible you have a faulty unit.  If you are not successful in resolving the issue, recommend you return it to the vendor.

Xfinity has a mobile application you should be able to use to register your modem.  It will not work if the coax connection to the back of the modem is not functioning.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7