Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM2000 Blinking Downstream Light/Connectivity Issues

elook03
Aspirant

CM2000 Blinking Downstream Light/Connectivity Issues

Hi everyone,

Been having some recent issues with my CM2000. Everything was fine for about a month or so. However, recently, the downstream signal light has been flashing. For most internet applications things have been ok, however my wife who works from home has had connection issues during video calls. The internet seems to be connected enough that she doesnt kicked from the meetings however there are major distortions, and loss of sound and small connection drops. Xfinity has come out and assured me the lines are alright, ive removed the splitter going to the modem and gone direct, and have done several reboots. At this point I am at a loss and looking for guidance. Thanks in advance for the time. I attached the cable connections and event logs.

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM2000 Blinking Downstream Light/Connectivity Issues

1. Your power is too high. Need to come down a few notches. https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router?article=24311

2. I see way to many correctables and since you didn't capture the Un-correctables column, I can only presume there are some there as well. Those should be mostly zero's. 

Ask your ISP about turning down the power a bit and have them check the signal on the line. Check the cabling from there box to the modem. Remove any splitters and make sure the coax connections are connected well and snug. Should help with the correct and un-correctables.

Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cabling. 

Message 2 of 6
elook03
Aspirant

Sounds good. Xfinity is coming out today and I’ll give that a shot. Thanks for the quick response
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 6
TechThorne
Aspirant

I'm having sort of the same issue except it's my upstream that keeps blinking and connection dropping for whatever reason.  I've gone round for round with Xfinity on the connection.  They did have to fix the box in the back of my property and then run me yet another new line.  Even after all that my connection just sporadically drops whenever.  I've moved the modem to where the coax from Xfinity comes into the house to eliminate anything extra in between and yet the problem still persists.  What could be the issue?  Is it just a bad modem?  I'm including the Event logs and connection status from the modem here.  It's only just over a year old.  I can't imagine that something which costs $250 would only last just a short time.  

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

1. Power levels are way too high:

https://kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router?article=24311

2. You have some criticals that the ISP needs to review and resolve with the modem:

https://highspeed.tips/docsis-events/

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series