Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM400 Changing from 2.4ghz to 5ghz

NayNay73
Aspirant

CM400 Changing from 2.4ghz to 5ghz

Hello and Thanks for the help in advanced!

I am trying to change to 5ghz. I have went into the modem settings and there arent many options to pick from as I tried to use other users answers to their similar questions and was also routed to a manual but this doesnt have the same settings.

I have been paying for the faster 200Mbps internet but can only get about 40Mbps download speed so its very frustrating. 

I have attached a couple screen shots. edit: i guess I can only attach one photo.

Modem; Firmware version: V2.01.04 

I do use a Netgear Genie Router which the options were I can changed the mode up to 300 MPS.Which I think that fixed that but now the modem needs to also be 5ghz. I am still getting the 40Mbps.

Router info below: 

Hardware Versionwnr2000v3

Firmware VersionV1.1.2.18
Model: CM400|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM400 Changing from 2.4ghz to 5ghz

The CM modem is a modem only so no router or wifi configurations will be seen on the CM modem. Consult your wifi routers user manual for information on how to configure and operate the wifi router. 

Message 2 of 4
NayNay73
Aspirant

I looked into the routers manual before and I thought I had that all set as I stated in original post, I set it to 3400Mhps (a guess, cant see orginal post). Why would Comcast tell me that it was my modem that needed to be changed and then also to disable the band steering in case the modem was trying to use 2.4 and the router 5ghz. So- the router should be changed. Why do you think I am still not receiving higher speeds when I do the speed test? The cable is directly into the modem and both router and modem are plugged directly into outlet. Is there anything else I should make sure to change or check? Thank you

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Someone gave you incorrect information. They may have ment to say the wifi router. This wifi router is what has wifi and radios that have 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz support. This router would connect to the CM modem.

Again the CM modem is only a modem. There is NO wifi router built in to the modem.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series