Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't connect internet from my router to computer via a new UTP Cable

Zelixi
Follower

Can't connect internet from my router to computer via a new UTP Cable

Basically i'm really confused on this situation and i will try to explain it as much as i can. So i had this 2m ethernet cable connected from my router to computer for a pretty long while now and it was working (cat 5e s/ftp something..) And then a bought a new cable which was long 5m , i tried to connect it and all but it didn't work  neither on my laptop . So i thought it was a problem with the cable , and then i bought a new cable 3m long ( cat 6A s/ftp) and the same story happened there, it didnt connect at all , like it didnt recognize the connection between my router and computer via this two new cables but it still works on my old cable. I really dont know whats happening , why its not connecting , maybe i need to update my router or something in computer? reboot? even though i tried to reboot my router and still didn't work. The light on the router or on the back of my computer doesnt light up at all as well with both new cables while on the old cable it does.I also added a screenshot of my ipconfig while my internet is working with the old cable if that helps at all. 

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Can't connect internet from my router to computer via a new UTP Cable

Does this happen in the same ethernet spot as the old cable?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7