Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot add printer

EF289
Follower

Cannot add printer

My HP printer cannot 'automatically' discover which band to use on this router as a Netgear service desk rep told me it would. I also cannot log into the router despite using the User Name and Password recommended. Will be returning the router today unless I receive assistance,

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Cannot add printer

@EF289 wrote:

My HP printer ...

Exact HP printer model pelase.

@EF289 wrote:

My HP printer cannot 'automatically' discover which band to use on this router

There is no reason for this. The (assuming wireless) HP printer will scan (say: look around "on air") for network name(s), technically SSIDs.

Where from comes the idea that this HP Printer has to know the Wi-Fi band?

Massively helping - think about that we're community members so just other Netgear customers with broken crystal balls - would be if oyu tell us what Netgear R6700 model you have bought. Please have an eye on the product label on the bottom of the device, says "Model: " or the like. Hard to provide assistance without.

@EF289 wrote:

I also cannot log into the router despite using the User Name and Password recommended. 

There is no "recommended" username and password. An unconfigured router does typically have username: admin and password: password (all lower case) on board.

Sophisticated Nightawk App or the Web browser based Automatic Internet access config might ask you to provide a new password for the admin account, certainly on the latest R6700AX when I have it right.

Again hard to help if you can't explain what you have done, how the router was and is configured. If really the admin password is unknown now (means you have not been confused about the Netgear login), a factory reset might be required, followed by a careful reinstallation. Once this happend, we can look into your HP wireless Printer installation again.

PS. Even more confusing, you posted in the "Cable Modems, Routers And DSL Modems" community section why ever.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7