Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help Updating Firmware to V2.01.14

aaronedmiston
Aspirant

Help Updating Firmware to V2.01.14

I have a C6300 modem router combo on firmware V1.02.20, and recently found our that V2.01.14 is available. I have tried contacting Mediacom to push the update to my modem router as I had seen was necessary from multiple posts on the subject with other ISPs. Mediacom told me that they don't have anything to push since they only have firmware for the modems and routers they provide. They then told me to contact Netgear and have them push it through since they can access modem routers directly. I'm at a loss for what to do now since my router is beyond the 90-day complimentary support and I don't have $49 to spend on support to update my firmware. Any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Help Updating Firmware to V2.01.14

Hello aaronedmiston

The Firmware is different on every ISP and Netgear can not upgrade the firmware on cable modems it is all pushed out by the ISP even if its a customer owned modem.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
aaronedmiston
Aspirant

Re: Help Updating Firmware to V2.01.14

If that is the case, then Netgear needs to update the Current firmware version for NETGEAR cable modem routers page to reflect that. According to that page, all ISPs should be on V2.01.14 for the C6300.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7