Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet Problems

Apollo30
Aspirant

Internet Problems

So I got this modem about a week ago. I wanted to start streaming on Twitch. I bought the modem because the guy said an extender wouldn't work. I don't mind since I save on equipment rental but ever since I got this modem it disconnects so frequently, even when I'm not streaming. I've already done all troubleshooting I can think of to stop it. This only started when I wanted to stream.
My ISP is Xfinity. I have 300 mbps.
My modem is in the back room but like I said, I had no disconnect issues before. Everything was excellent.
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet Problems

1. do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and event logs? 

2. do all devices drop or just wireless or wired? 

3. It only has issues when streaming your twitch stream? Reason I ask is you might pay for 300mbps but the upload is usually only like 5mbps. 

Message 2 of 6
Apollo30
Aspirant

It drops out on everything, wireless. This problem only started when I attempted to stream and persists even afterwards. I've had two drops today and I won't be streaming for several days to see what happens. A tech is coming because they did see I had drops so I just hope they don't try and blame it on me
Message 3 of 6
Apollo30
Aspirant

The bottom ones of the first photo are all 0
This pic is the event logs which are nearly all critical
Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

you're showing line issues. 

Start with removing any amplifiers, signal attenuators, or splitters from the coax.
From there check the line for kinks, damage, moisture in the line.
Check the connectors for improperly made ends, loose connections,  foil touching the copper coax line, bad/old/cheap connectors, or corroded connections. Replace them if you do.
If you can, simply connect the modem right where the coax comes into the home. This prevents wiring in the home from being the issue. And some ISP’s charge if the wiring issue is in the home. So this helps prevent this.

Message 5 of 6
Apollo30
Aspirant

You can connect it straight to the coax from the home??? I could try that. So far since I spoke with xfinity I haven't had issues so lol
I'll try that coax trick
Everything else should be fine. I never had any issues for the two years I've had xfinity. Just when I got a new modem and wanted to try streaming xD
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series