Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Model: WNDR3400v2 and Model Arris DG 860P2 - WIFI/Speed/Security

Leaveit65
Follower

Model: WNDR3400v2 and Model Arris DG 860P2 - WIFI/Speed/Security

Hi  Sorry, The second model option ( recommended section has me lost..The tab doesn't show anything that looks familar.

My question is: I have the wifi router WNDR3400v2 *and love it! ..Anyhow..My cable company just did some changes speed wise and noticed the cable modem I WAS using from them was limiting my speed, it was a 2.0 and needed 3.0..So they gave me a Arris DG 860P2 till I can buy a NightHawker :-)..The Arris has built in wifi, so I'm wondering, If I disable the wifi in the Arris, would it bother my wifi signal just using my netgear wifi router? I'm not comfortable sharing wifi with others non family friends etc. Yes, I disabled the option for broadcasting and enabled wireless isolation. Any input is greatly appreciated!! Thank Ya!

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Model: WNDR3400v2 and Model Arris DG 860P2 - WIFI/Speed/Security

Hello Leaveit65

Ideally you will want to bridge the arris modem or find a modem only mode in the setting so the 2 routers do not conflict with each other. But yes you should be able to disable the wifi and be just fine.

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Model: WNDR3400v2 and Model Arris DG 860P2 - WIFI/Speed/Security

Hello Leaveit65

Ideally you will want to bridge the arris modem or find a modem only mode in the setting so the 2 routers do not conflict with each other. But yes you should be able to disable the wifi and be just fine.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7