Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My C3000/N300 modem lights all blinking

Ditas
Aspirant

My C3000/N300 modem lights all blinking

Hi,

My C3000/N300 modem router lights started blinking and I can't connect it to any computer even using the LAN cable. I have tried to reset it, not working either.

Please help me to fix this problem.

Thanks

Message 1 of 11

Re: My C3000/N300 modem lights all blinking

Is that all the lights?

Was that a factory reset or just an on/off operation?

Message 2 of 11
Ditas
Aspirant

I turned off the modem, pushed the bottom with a paper clip and turned on the modem, but nothing changed in blinking

Message 3 of 11

@Ditas wrote:

I turned off the modem, pushed the bottom with a paper clip and turned on the modem, but nothing changed in blinking

That's won't do anything. Use the paper clip with the device turned on.

Or do it from within the device's web interface.

Message 4 of 11
Ditas
Aspirant

I mean I turned it on while i kept pushing the reset botton. The power LED is blinking red and the others are blinking green, I tried to reset when the modem was on as well, but no result. Also, I don't have access to the modem via web interface. I can't connect the modem to my laptop even using LAN cable. 

Message 5 of 11

@Ditas wrote:

I don't have access to the modem via web interface. I can't connect the modem to my laptop even using LAN cable. 

Does this mean that you don't have the option to connect – no cable or LAN slot – or that you get nowhere when you try? If the latter, how are you connecting? What happens? What messages do you see?

@Ditas wrote:

The power LED is blinking red and the others are blinking green...

Is this different from the original when you said "modem router lights started blinking"? I took that to mean all off the lights.

The LEDs give diagnostic clues.

The manual is here:

>>>> N600 WiFi Cable Modem Router Model C3000 User Manual <<<<

A flashing power LED is sometimes an indicator that you have corrupt firmware.

Message 6 of 11
Ditas
Aspirant

Thanks for replying!

No, it is the same, from the first day (3 days ago) it strted to blink, all the lights are blinking green, and Power LED is blinking red and green. 

About the network connection, the wifi is not working, i mean i can't see wifi network anymore with any device (laptop or cellphone) and when i tried to connect it with the yellow LAN cable, it seems that modem is offline or it's better to say it is not able to connect to computer even with cable. 

I saw different meaning of the lights, thanks. In this case, all the lights are blinking non-stop, like as said earlier. 

I tried to download the firmware but there are 2 issues:

1. I can't find any file that i can upload later , (except 4 options: 2 genie app for mac and windows-and 2 hot vpn something(zip file)), i use c3000/n300 model to find the download-able files.

2. I can't connect to the modem with cable or wifi, consequently, I can't go this ways: 1. by entering 192.168.0.1 at the address bar (the page won't be open), 2. using routerlogin.net which shows the error message (your modem is not connected), 3. I tried to use tftp.exe and that is not working too.

I was thinking this problem should be fixed by upgrading the modem, but I can't upgrade that apparently. 

Thanks for your comments 

Message 7 of 11
Chormy
Aspirant

I am trying to acvtivate  my modem with Comcast, but something isn't connecting. All the lights work. I can get that geni page to come up, but something must be configured wrong. All suggestions are welcome.

Message 8 of 11
Chormy
Aspirant

One light is blinking. I think someone called it an amberlight. Is it supposed to blink?

Message 9 of 11

@Chormy wrote:

One light is blinking.

Which one?

There is documentation and stuff for the C3000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> C3000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

See pages 7, 8 and 96.

By the way, you have joined in on an older discussion so there's a chance that the official support team will be too busy following new stuff to find your message. It is usually better to start your own fresh discussion if you want their attention.

Message 10 of 11
Chormy
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I will read all the info. 🙂

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements