Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NetGear NighthawkX4S C7800

iumom1999
Aspirant

NetGear NighthawkX4S C7800

I have the Blink security cameras.  They were working fine until I got this new NetGear router.  Now I can't get my Blink sync module to connect to the new router.  I called Blink Support and he said I need to call Xfinity and tell them they need to open Port 443 on my router???  He also said I need to change my router password because Blink will not accept special symbols??  Since this is not a Xfinity router I don't know that they will help me.  Blink support guy really didn't seem to know what he was talking about so really don't trust what he is telling me!  Can anyone help me???????  Please!!!!!

Model: C7800|Nighthawk X4S-AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: NetGear NighthawkX4S C7800

well its worth a shot at changing passwords. Its pretty simple to do and doesn't take much time. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23439/How-do-I-change-my-NETGEAR-router-s-WiFi-password-or-network-name-SSID

I'd also try setting your 2.4ghz radio to channels 1-6-11 and not to auto. If that doesn't work, try setting the 2.4ghz radio speed down temporarily.  

Message 2 of 4
iumom1999
Aspirant

Sorry, I don't have any idea what you are talking about when you said changing "the radio".
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

in the support page I listed, it has a manual. Not trying to be short but it is very helpful for these questions. "the radio" is your wireless settings. Log into the router (routerlogin.net) and you can go to the wireless section to make changes. These include wireless password, wireless channel broadcasting on, and wireless speeds.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series