Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear CAX30 /AX2700 Cable Router Modem losing SSID when power-cycled

senaka
Aspirant

Netgear CAX30 /AX2700 Cable Router Modem losing SSID when power-cycled

Hello:  Recently I noticed that my wi-fi internet was "down" to find out that the router is falling back to default SSID's and associated settings (both 2.4g and 5g) if there happen to be a power loss.  Fortunately, login password appear to stick.  Made sure that the latest firmware is in place; version 1.4.11.2 as per Netgear site.  Updates are owned by the cable company Comcast, so I am unable to go back to any other version.   Deeply appreciate any help and/or clues.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear CAX30 /AX2700 Cable Router Modem losing SSID when power-cycled

How was the CAX30 updated? Manually or auto update? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch. Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.

Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed or something happens.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 2 of 3
senaka
Aspirant

Re: Netgear CAX30 /AX2700 Cable Router Modem losing SSID when power-cycled

Update was "auto"; pushed by the cable company I believe.  Both the Netgear Nighthawk App and web interface reports firmware is up-to-date.  Manual updates are disabled (by the cable company I believe).  The modem had worked with current settings for 2 yrs before the symptom showed up.  Yes, I maintain a backup copy of the configuration on my pc.  However, in order to manually update, I likely have to do a factory reset (to unlock Xfinity lock), update and then "re-install" with Xfinity.

Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7