Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router works with ATT fiber in passthrough mode

kathyyar
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router works with ATT fiber in passthrough mode

Guys, I just want to know if my model Nighthawk which I purchased for use with Xfinity can be successfully setup with ATT Fiber internet.  I am trying to use the passthrough function on the BGW 210 (SLOW) router modem provided with the service. The exact model I have is AC1900 (C7000v2)

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router works with ATT fiber in passthrough mode

No. the C7000 is a cable modem only. It won't work with your fiber connection. 

Potentially you can get it to function as a type of access point but not as a router. 

You can try the guide here if you'd like: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/Can-I-use-a-C6300-cable-modem-without-cable-in...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Cable Modem Router works with ATT fiber in passthrough mode

Potentially you can get it to function as a type of access point but not as a router. 

You can try the guide here if you'd like: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/Can-I-use-a-C6300-cable-modem-without-cable-in...

Message 2 of 5

@plemans wrote:

As you say, no can do, but would it be even much use for @kathyyar  to repurpose it as an access point?

The C7000 is an ageing (2015) modem/router with wifi from that era. Given that fibre Internet could well be on the fast side, would the C7000 be a bit of a blockage on the network?

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I have no idea what performance they pay for or if it'd even be a benefit. But just putting the info out there in case they want to try 🙂 

Message 4 of 5
kathyyar
Aspirant

That's what I "thought" but I really appreciate your response.  I worked on it last night and it appeared to be a no go....

You have saved me lots of time!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7