Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk CAX80 admin portal resets after some amount of time unknown

caycek
Follower

Nighthawk CAX80 admin portal resets after some amount of time unknown

I went on vacation for a week so I don't know when this issue exactly started happening. But I only owned the router for 2 or 3 days before I left for vacation.

Basically, all devices stay connected to the router, but all report "Not Connected" (to internet). When this happens, using the Nighthawk app on a valid mobile device reports the device is online and fine. Sometimes it will discover the error and display the configuration steps. But every time you go to 192.168.1.1 on a computer that is connected to the router it asks for you to define an admin account and setup the router. It has stored all of the previous SSID names and passwords previously saved, but it does not know the admin password or security questions. After filling in the appropriate information it works and seems to work for at least a few hours. I do not know what triggers it to forget the information and do this soft reset of admin portal.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk CAX80 admin portal resets after some amount of time unknown

Launch an Internet browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
Type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://www.routerlogin.com.
A login window opens.
Enter the router user name and password.
The user name is admin. The default password is password. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home screen displays.
Select ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.
The Set Password screen displays.
Select the Enable Password Recovery check box.
Select two security questions and provide answers to them.
Click the Apply button.
Your changes are saved.

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 10 seconds then let go.  Then log in to 192.168.1.1 using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7