Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Xfinity Voice after successful activation of CM 2050V

Duck53
Aspirant

No Xfinity Voice after successful activation of CM 2050V

After calling Xfinity, they activated my CM2050V and now I have really fast internet.  Unfortunately, Xfinity Voice has no dial tone.  I rechecked the phone cord from the phone to the modem.  It is connected to Tel port 1 on the modem.  The Tel port 1 indicator light on the modem is NOT lit.  

I chatted with Xfinity support who said they'd look into it from their end and call me back, but that never happened.

Is there an easy way on my end to get my Xfinity Voice working again?

Thanks, Duck53

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: No Xfinity Voice after successful activation of CM 2050V

@Duck53 wrote:

After calling Xfinity, they activated my CM2050V and now I have really fast internet.  Unfortunately, Xfinity Voice has no dial tone.  I rechecked the phone cord from the phone to the modem.  It is connected to Tel port 1 on the modem.  The Tel port 1 indicator light on the modem is NOT lit.  

I chatted with Xfinity support who said they'd look into it from their end and call me back, but that never happened.

Thanks, Duck53

Chat, dealing with a contract person outside the country, most likely will not help.

You should be able to get it taken care of without scheduling a Tech visit.  All the Tech is going to do is make a phone call.  He may have better contacts to call.

I hate to recommend it, but it is an option.  Call the technical support line and explain you are having problems with modem activation.  They may give you a new phone number or transfer the call. 

Another option is to post a help request on the Xfinity direct sub-forum over on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

That's something the ISP needs to take care of.

Ask the ISP for a on site tech visit.

Message 2 of 5
Kitsap
Master

@Duck53 wrote:

Thanks, Duck53

Chat, dealing with a contract person outside the country, most likely will not help.

You should be able to get it taken care of without scheduling a Tech visit.  All the Tech is going to do is make a phone call.  He may have better contacts to call.

I hate to recommend it, but it is an option.  Call the technical support line and explain you are having problems with modem activation.  They may give you a new phone number or transfer the call. 

Another option is to post a help request on the Xfinity direct sub-forum over on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/

Message 3 of 5
Duck53
Aspirant

I finally got it solved after 1 1/2 hours of Xfinity support chat.  As it turns out, when they activate a new modem, there is another type of provisioning called "TN Provisioning".  If that's not done, then one's modem may well deliver the internet signal (like mine), but not Xfinity Voice.  Once the Xfinity agent ran the TN Provisioning protocol, I got my Xfinity Voice back.

Thanks for the previous replies.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad they got it working. Thanks for the info. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. 📡

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7