Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with online games on PS4 [Nighthawk AC1900 C7000v2]

oshy22
Aspirant

Problems with online games on PS4 [Nighthawk AC1900 C7000v2]

So I've been unable to play online games on my PS4 since I switched to this router. My games constantly lag and skip whenever in an online game for any of my games. It's not a problem with my internet speed, even when I'm plugged in via ethernet directly to my router and getting ~80 mpbs I will still be lagging to the point where the game is unplayable. I have tried port forwarding with my device (although I'm not 100% sure I did this correctly) to no avail. I have tried changing the channel of my WiFi to a less crowded channel and this has not solved the issue either. My NAT type is type 2 as well. I can provide any other information/pictures to anyone who can be of help. And thank you for your time whoever reads this!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Problems with online games on PS4 [Nighthawk AC1900 C7000v2]

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Does gaming with the game device on a wired connection exhibit the same problem?

What is your speeds UP and DOWN that you pay for? 

Message 2 of 12
grubbee
Tutor

I am also having this issue and I see it hasn't been answered. I have done all the ports and whatnot. NAT type 2. bad lag. ps4 says I am getting 30-40 down and 10-15 up. which is plenty i had less lag when it was Nat type 1 on 7 down and less than 1 up. so please if anyone can help with a website link that is preferably not from 2014.. because it must be out of date it did not help. thank you. I specifaically bought this router to open my Nat because i know it can be done, i am just not smart enough it would seem.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 12
grubbee
Tutor

Never mind. I just drilled a hole and moved the whole thing to the game room so I could plug it straight in. Works fine plugged in.
Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Wired gaming is preferred over wireless. 

Enjoy. 

@grubbee wrote:
Never mind. I just drilled a hole and moved the whole thing to the game room so I could plug it straight in. Works fine plugged in.

Message 5 of 12
grubbee
Tutor

I know, I know. I mean I’m not a pro gamer or anything I just want to enjoy it. Least technical solution! Lol thank you anyway though!
Message 6 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
oshy22
Aspirant

Still getting this problem, hasn’t been solved. Was using my neighbors WiFi but now with them all working from home that isn’t an option. I am plugged into the ISP service box, I don’t know about the quality of the cable, is there a high probability that matters? I pay for 100 mbps and wired connection still results in bad lag.
Message 8 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

Have the ISP send a tech out to check out your cabling up to the modem. 

Does gaming with the game device on a wired connection exhibit the same problem?

@oshy22 wrote:
Still getting this problem, hasn’t been solved. Was using my neighbors WiFi but now with them all working from home that isn’t an option. I am plugged into the ISP service box, I don’t know about the quality of the cable, is there a high probability that matters? I pay for 100 mbps and wired connection still results in bad lag.

Message 9 of 12
oshy22
Aspirant

I already answered most of your questions... not gonna get someone else in my house right now.
Message 10 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Had a reset and setup from scratch been performed on the modem yet? 

Try this and wire connect your PS4 game console to the modem. 

Seems the wireless may not work well for gaming as the other post got his working better on a wired connection. 

Message 11 of 12
grubbee
Tutor

Ya cod says I have an open Nat type and the lad is gone. Kinda a pain for the WiFi of the rest my house having my modem in that room but during what I’d going on not I’m playing more cod than usual so it’ll have to do for now.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7