Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Reset Itself

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Router Reset Itself

Hey all!

Model: Nighthawk AX6000 CAX80

Firmware: V1.1.0.41

So had a weird issue this morning, woke up to everything on wifi not connecting but stuff connected via ethernet worked. So I went to routerlogin.com to log in and perform a powercycle but when for someone reason routerlogin was asking me to set a password and setup my security questions. I then went to the nighthawk app on iOS and when it launched it said my router was not setup and wanted me to do the whole setup process again. I decided to unplug the router and plug back in to see if that "fixes" things, but it didn't, same issues were being presented. I was left with the only option, resetup the router via the app. I went through the process but my wifi network name and password were already prefilled and I was able to complete the setup and everything is working. Since I am not broadcasting my SSID, I had to manually reconnnect a few devices. But I am just concerned the the device "reset" itself. Has anyone had this happen or any advice!?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Router Reset Itself

I haven't but it could have been the device either updating its firmware from netgear or from your ISP. 

The CAX80 is the only device currently on the market with firmware seperate for the modem side to the router side. So maybe that's why. 

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

So i double checked and I have the latest firmware from Cox CM: V1.02.08. So I don't know if maybe it wasn't updated and last night it tried to update and hit a speedbump?

Message 3 of 5
dadabunchie
Aspirant

I also had that issue this morning.  The gateway reset itself and went back to asking for a password.  I've had it happen before so not the first time.  Spectrum is my provider and I'm on the latest Modem/Gateway FW version as per Netgear.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would setup the modem. Then do a backup configuration to file for safe keeping. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7