Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Showing Unidentified network- public network on C7000v2

Berach
Aspirant

Showing Unidentified network- public network on C7000v2

No wired internet and shows Unidentified Network- Public network... NVIDIA Network Controller... No other network controller found and can not switch over.. WIFI works great, just nothing hardwired

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Showing Unidentified network- public network on C7000v2

This on a PC? 

Please provide a screen shot of this? 

This is usually a Windows networking issue. 

Message 2 of 16
Berach
Aspirant

Same problem (public network) on 3 desktops that are always connected... Laptop not connected by wire not affected wirelessly.. Connect laptop directly to modem, get same info.. "Cannot connect. Unidentified network ". Disconnect cable and wifi works perfectly.. Netgear genius state internet good and wifi connected.
Message 3 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Something i the configuration of your PCs networking. 

Check LAN cables as well. 

Ensure your network configuration on the PCs is set for auto obtain IP addressing. 

Contact MS for networking support if using Windows. 

Message 4 of 16
Berach
Aspirant

Have reset all connections, replaced all cables. Geni also reports that WAN is up but LAN in down on all ports... Worked great for the 8 or so months i've had it. But around May 26, no hardwire connection. WiFi working perfect... Myself and 2 other guys are turning our heads inside out trying to figure.

Message 5 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have a spare external router that you can put online. You need to bridge the C7000 modem/router so it's just a modem, then connect a external router and everything to this router to see if you still notice the same problem or not.

Message 6 of 16
Berach
Aspirant

Now thats something i hadn't thought of... I'll check on the other router and if so i'll do this and let you kno2w... Much appreciation

Message 7 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 16
Berach
Aspirant

Well that was a bust... Older modem won't load on windows 10... Looking for specific LAN driver update to see if that may well be the problem also. Installing new Windows 10 update (1903) at the  moment that was downloaded for me and put on a CD... Will keep you updated.

Message 9 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Older modem? What is the model of this modem? 

Modems don't need drivers. Just a LAN connection to the modem if it has a management web page. Were looking for the other router that you have. Or is the other router a modem/router combo as well? 

Message 10 of 16
Berach
Aspirant

Older Modem/Router. Motorola SurfboardeXtreme...SBG6580... Used it until I upgraded to windows 10 and it wouldn't connect... Tried installing software this morning, system said it needed Acrobat Air to install... Would not install this. Went on site but AIR driver won't install.

Message 11 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

You only need a LAN cable connection with that modem with ur PC. I presume your PC has a LAN adapter? 

Message 12 of 16
Berach
Aspirant

Lan interface but no software adapter is showing up when I go to change adapters from public... Reason I was looking up the driver to begin with...LOL

Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. LOL. Good Luck. 

Message 14 of 16
Berach
Aspirant

Thanks... Think I'm gonna need it...LOL

Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38