Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow speeds with C7000V2

MAYDAYTAY
Tutor

Slow speeds with C7000V2

Hello,

I am using a C7000v2 – Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router on Firmware V1.03.03 with windows and I am not getting the correct download speeds. I tried looking through a lot of threads and found similar issues, but nothing has worked for me and I do not know what to do. I pay for gigabit with Sparklight (Cable One) and I am only getting 90mb download lan. At one point I was getting around 800mbs on lan but not anymore. If someone could help me I would appreciate it!

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

Re: Slow speeds with C7000V2

what device (computer/pc) are you testing with? 

Have you checked your port statistics to see if you're connecting at gigabit speeds?

https://kb.netgear.com/24222/How-do-I-display-Internet-port-statistics-on-my-Nighthawk-router

Do you have a screensnip of the cable connections page and event logs? 

Message 2 of 10
MAYDAYTAY
Tutor

Is this what you need? I am using the Genie. Not sure where event logs or cable connections are. Let me know if you can see the picture or not. And I am using a desktop PC

Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

Looks like your desktop is only connected at 10/100mbps speed and not gigabit. 

If the pc is gigabit capable, try replacing the cable between the router/pc with a cat 6 cable. 

Message 4 of 10
MAYDAYTAY
Tutor

I had a sparklight guy come out today to test the connection and he was also getting slow speeds with his device from the router. 

This is the current cable I am using. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QFDY7YC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Message 5 of 10
MAYDAYTAY
Tutor

I found the event log. Want a screen shot of it?

Message 6 of 10
plemans
Guru

Your port statistics page is showing a connection speed of 100mbps. 

If its not negotiating a gigabit connection, then you're not going to get faster speeds. 
it could be the cable (which is why I said try a different one), it could be device you're testing with. 

All I know 100%, is that your ethernet connection is only 100mbps. 

That's going to limit your speed. 

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

Also, your 2.4ghz speeds are set at 54mbps. did you disable wmm or using an older wifi standard? Or did you set the speeds on it down?
Message 8 of 10
MAYDAYTAY
Tutor

I turned on extended upstream transmit power to see what it would be and it appears to have fixed the issue for now.

Message 9 of 10
baisanchez
Aspirant

how do you turn on extended upstream transmit power
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements