Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Speed test on CM600

dag_dg
Follower

Speed test on CM600

If anybody in the community has a CM600 and a connection with speeds higher than 600 Mbps can you please post speed test results? I'm confident this modem can handle speeds approaching it's rated limit of 960 Mbps but so far I'm only reaching around 550 Mbps even when directly connected to the modem. All 24 downstream channels show healthy. My provider is going to run a fresh line to the house to eliminate the cable being a possible cause. Like I said I'm pretty confident this modem can handle much higher speeds, it'd just put me at ease to see the results of other owners who are getting closer to the rated limit.

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Speed test on CM600

Which provider do you use? 

The cm600 is rated "up to 960mbps" but each provider has a certain speed they'll guarantee with it. 

Comcast enables 24x8 modems (most vendors 24x8 units are the same) for mostly 250/300 Mbps extreme service and 400 Mbps Extreme service. So if you're hitting 600mbps, I'd think you're doing quite well with the CM600. Most require docsis 3.1 to hit gigabit speeds. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Speed test on CM600

The CM is rated for: 

WAN throughput: 960 Mbps

24 downstream & 8 upstream channels

However most ISPs usally require a DOCSIS 3.1 and 32x8 channels for 900Mpbs services. 

What speeds on the down are you paying for? 

Might take to your ISP to ensure the signal up to the modem is good and working to spec. 

@dag_dg wrote:

If anybody in the community has a CM600 and a connection with speeds higher than 600 Mbps can you please post speed test results? I'm confident this modem can handle speeds approaching it's rated limit of 960 Mbps but so far I'm only reaching around 550 Mbps even when directly connected to the modem. All 24 downstream channels show healthy. My provider is going to run a fresh line to the house to eliminate the cable being a possible cause. Like I said I'm pretty confident this modem can handle much higher speeds, it'd just put me at ease to see the results of other owners who are getting closer to the rated limit.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7