Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Spyware on my C3000 Router?

Homemade
Follower

Spyware on my C3000 Router?

Hello

I have a AC1750 c3000 router for Time Warner. 

I had a falling out with a former friend who is a really skilled hacker. I have seen him do things that would shock you.

I think there is spyware on my router because there is no possible way a virus was installed on my computer because I am running live boot Linux and I restart my computer every three or four hours. Also, I do not use wifi. I am connected with ethernet. There is no possible way he could have entered my apartment and accessed my room. I am extremely careful about who enters my living spaces. So I believe the spyware is in the router. He knows the websites that I am visiting that I am absolutely certain that I have never mentioned to him. 

Before I give this guy a beating he'll remmeber for a long time, I need to know - is there a virus/malware/spyware on my computer? If so, how do I get rid of it?

Model: C3000|N300 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Spyware on my C3000 Router?

Hello Homemade

If you believe something has been tampered with on the modem I would first factory reset the unit and re add any changes you had in place. And if you think you have a virus run some scans with anti virus programs.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7