Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to Nighthawk CAX80

Rancandyce
Aspirant

Unable to connect to Nighthawk CAX80

Model is Nighthawk AX8 AX6000
I am unable to connect to the modem through the setup. The app directs me to plug in the modem and wait for it to power up. Then it says to connect to Netgear79 but it doesn't show up. The 4 first lights are on and the rest are off. I M unsure of what to do. I've called my service provider and they have said that the internet is working at our place. It seems to be a problem with the modem.
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Unable to connect to Nighthawk CAX80

Are you able to connect if you hardwire in a computer/pc?

Did the wifi on/off button get hit? Push and hold it for 2 seconds

Message 2 of 6
Rancandyce
Aspirant

I have two things hardlined into the modem/router and the network doesn't pop up. There are 2 buttons that don't have a symbols by them and unfortunately I do not have a manual.
Message 3 of 6
Rancandyce
Aspirant

Oops nevermind, the symbols are just really small on the button. I have pressed it and held for 2 seconds and nothing happened. There aren't any new symbols lighting up. So far the only LED's that are on are: power, upstream, downstream, and online.
Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Did you try a factory reset? Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on

Message 5 of 6
Rancandyce
Aspirant

Yes we've tried a factory reset and it still wasn't allowing me to connect to what was supposed to be Netgear97. It just wasn't popping up at all on my phone, laptop, or desktop. We are going to return in under warranty.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7