Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

c7000 reboots randomly/stops working?

docsavage
Aspirant

c7000 reboots randomly/stops working?

I have a nighthawk 1900 combo router/modem that is two years old.It randomly stops working.I have MY desktop connected via ethernet cable with no wifi activated on the desk top.The wireless is used for tv's/ netflix -amazon prime-disney etc.One phone and an echo show,and a ps4.It started a couple of months ago were we would out of the blue lose all connectivity to wifi. Even if no one was using the wifi or any devices.Also when this happens I am unable to connect to any sites on my wired desk top even though it says I have an internet connection,Iam unable to connect to Steam,or BattleNet with the wired connection . I check the router in windows and it says the device is working properly, Most times when I reset it it works fine,A few times I have had to reset it two or three times for it to work again
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: c7000 reboots randomly/stops working?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem.

Message 2 of 3
docsavage
Aspirant

Re: c7000 reboots randomly/stops working?

Thank you for responding,I tried the separate channels for the wifi,It still stopped the next day,I do have a splitter because I also have a land line telephone,with a   modem from the isp.The netgear has the latest  version of firmware,I have 400mbps down and 25 mbps up service with Spectrum.I increased the service the day before I adjusted the wifi channels.I don't know when this version of firmware was pushed,But the problems with disconnecting started about 4 months ago and would only occur occasionally,maybe twice a month and now it could be twice a week but it happens at least every week now.As soon as I reboot the router evrything works fine.Again thankss for taking the time to answer,I will look next at factory reset.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7