Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

google mesh

jaylbo
Follower

google mesh

Daily need to contact Comcast to resend signal to improve signal strength. Comcast says I should contact Netgear @ CM600 reconfiguration 1st, but Netgear says there is firmware upgrade with internet connection. What can be done for more reliable connection? My belief it's Comcast w poor infrastruction, hardware degradation/repair? 

Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: google mesh

@jaylbo wrote:

Comcast says I should contact Netgear @ CM600 reconfiguration 1st, but Netgear says there is firmware upgrade with internet connection.

Permitting the Internet connection (for the cable modem) is workable for a while, the first thing to do is to accept the proposed firmware upgrade on the CM600.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

I'd be posting in the cable modem section for cm600 issues.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

When/iff you post there, include a screen snip of the cable connections page and the logs. 

Also, if you have any splitters, amplifiers, or attenuators in the coax line, I'd remove them. check the coax for kinks, damage, corrosion, bad/cheap connectors, or even loose connections. 

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

ALL cable modem FW upgrades have to be pushed from the ISP. There isn't any user upgrades that users can push. 

@jaylbo wrote:

Daily need to contact Comcast to resend signal to improve signal strength. Comcast says I should contact Netgear @ CM600 reconfiguration 1st, but Netgear says there is firmware upgrade with internet connection. What can be done for more reliable connection? My belief it's Comcast w poor infrastruction, hardware degradation/repair? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7