Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear C3700-100NAS dual band modem getting hacked?

venomous99
Follower

netgear C3700-100NAS dual band modem getting hacked?

recently started comcast internet at my home and decided to purchase my own approved comast modem, a netgear

C3700-100NAS

i have the modem password and dual band wifi passwords enabled.

a few months back,i wasnt able to connect to the 2.4ghz wifi channel. attempted to login to the modem through routerlogin.net but password failed. after a few attempts, i reset the modem back to factory and restarted the process. i specified a new modem password but re-used the wifi password.

the same issue above re-occured about a month ago

once again, i changed the model password but re-used the wifi password.

fast forward today, i receive a call from my wife who is at home and says that the wifi isnt working again. 

has anyone encountered this before w/ this modem and have any suggestions on how i can fix this issue long term.  seems resetting to default only works for a few weeks. could the issue here be that ive been using the same wifi password and somehow my modem settings are being accessed/hacked? im no networking expert here..

if it helps once i get home and have successfully accessed the modem i can post up the logs if anyone can make sense of it.  its gibberish to someone who isnt adept to networking.

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: netgear C3700-100NAS dual band modem getting hacked?

Hello venomous99

You can setup a access list where only apporved devices can connect to your wifi and no one else can. you can find this in the routers settings under Advanced-Advanced Setup- Wireless settings-Set up access list. 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series