Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC 1750 Orange / Red light on my nighthawk router trying 2 #7 cables , Samsung TV Mod #UN55JU6700

anteater
Aspirant

AC 1750 Orange / Red light on my nighthawk router trying 2 #7 cables , Samsung TV Mod #UN55JU6700

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
anteater
Aspirant

Re: AC 1750 Orange / Red light on my nighthawk router trying 2 #7 cables , Samsung TV Mod #UN55JU67

It's an AC 1750 (6400 Vs 2). My solution was to switch back to WiFi to get rid of the distracting red orange light based on all the information supplied by this great community. I don't know how to check the wireless speed of this connection but the my 2k and 5k lights have gone from allegro to presto. I admit I stopped researching the 10/100 mbps connection for my particular TV because of all your input (which without would have driven me nuts) and life is too short! Thank you all!!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
antinode
Guru

Re: AC 1750 Orange / Red light on my nighthawk router trying 2 #7 cables , Samsung TV Mod #UN55JU67

> AC 1750 [...]

Not a model number.

> Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0

Is that accurate?

> [...] Orange / Red light on my nighthawk router [...]

Which "light"?  Amber?  The User Manual for a C6300 is a little
vague, but I'd guess that your TV has a 100MHz Ethernet port (which is
faster than it needs), not a gigabit port, and the "light" color
indicates that.

> [...] trying 2 #7 cables

Cat5 would probably be better than you need.

Other than the LED indicator color, do you have an actual problem?

Message 2 of 4
anteater
Aspirant

It's an AC 1750 (6400 Vs 2). My solution was to switch back to WiFi to get rid of the distracting red orange light based on all the information supplied by this great community. I don't know how to check the wireless speed of this connection but the my 2k and 5k lights have gone from allegro to presto. I admit I stopped researching the 10/100 mbps connection for my particular TV because of all your input (which without would have driven me nuts) and life is too short! Thank you all!!

Message 3 of 4
antinode
Guru

> [...] My solution was to switch back to WiFi to get rid of the
> distracting red orange light [...]

A wired alternative would be to insert a (cheap, Chinese) gigabit
Ethernet switch between the TV and the router.  Or, put some tape over
the offending LED.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7