Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 C6300 Internet Drops

Brogama
Aspirant

AC1750 C6300 Internet Drops

Most recently I have noticed progressively more restarts of the modem is needed to resolve dropped internet. One instance there was an amber upstream LED. I logged on and noticed a lot of correctables. Can someone help provide next steps in troubleshooting. Nothing has changed inside of the home, however Comcast did replace splitters at the house because of ‘leaking’.
Model: C6300BD-1CXNAS|Docsis 3.0 AC1750 Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: AC1750 C6300 Internet Drops

Try this. move the modem to directly where the coax enters the home. remove any splitters, attenuators, amplifiers and directly connect the modem there. 

then use the combo device and see if you have the drops/issues. 

your power levels on your upstream are boarderline. And power levels can fluctuate throughout the day. potentially you're dropping below upstream threshold and that's whats causing the issue but its tough to tell as its just shows from when you took the screen snip. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Try this. move the modem to directly where the coax enters the home. remove any splitters, attenuators, amplifiers and directly connect the modem there. 

then use the combo device and see if you have the drops/issues. 

your power levels on your upstream are boarderline. And power levels can fluctuate throughout the day. potentially you're dropping below upstream threshold and that's whats causing the issue but its tough to tell as its just shows from when you took the screen snip. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. 
Be sure there are not coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

@Brogama wrote:
Most recently I have noticed progressively more restarts of the modem is needed to resolve dropped internet. One instance there was an amber upstream LED. I logged on and noticed a lot of correctables. Can someone help provide next steps in troubleshooting. Nothing has changed inside of the home, however Comcast did replace splitters at the house because of ‘leaking’.

Message 3 of 5
Brogama
Aspirant

I was able to move the unit closer to the main supply and my performance has improved!!  I am looking to update the line to make a direct line from the side of the house to where the router is located and reduce all unions.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like a good direction your going in. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7