Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1750 Channel Selection and Signal Quality

SulleyBoo7271
Aspirant

AC1750 Channel Selection and Signal Quality

I have a C6300 Wifi cable modem router that I cannot seem to obtain a quality signal with and need assistance. The singal strength seems to be good with MOST of my devices and the connection speed with my direct connection devices are flawless. However, when it comes to getting calls with Skype for Business in a wireless connection, my expereince drops significantly. There has got to be something I can to to enhance my signal so I can take calls wile on a wireless network. And to make matters worse, I am in an apartment complex so there are a fair share of devices surrounding me. I attempted to change my channel on the 5GHz side to be on a channel that has the least congestion, but the channel does not seem to stick. What am I missing? Is there any sugesstions in improving my quality and speed of my Wifi connection? I have tried different DNS servers like Google and CloudFlare, but they seemed to have slowed my connection rather than make it faster. The thing that does not make sense is that the admin page does not show a channel for GHz and even my NetSpot application shows my 5GHz being 2.4GHz, I do not get it.Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 2.10.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-09 at 2.25.29 PM.png

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: AC1750 Channel Selection and Signal Quality

Do you get the same result in skype on multiple devices or is it just one having the issue?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
SulleyBoo7271
Aspirant

Re: AC1750 Channel Selection and Signal Quality

Yes, seems like it is simply poor speeds or quality on the wireless devices.

The singal strength is good on my laptop, but when Skype is being used, the Skype connection indicator shows poor connection.

My speeds are horribly slow, about 50Mbps on wireless and 100+Mbps when using a wired connection.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7