Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BRIDGING ISSUE WITH C7100V NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI CABLE MODEM ROUTER

jag12
Aspirant

BRIDGING ISSUE WITH C7100V NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI CABLE MODEM ROUTER

The above model with the most updated firmware version of V2.01.30 Cannot be bridged.  After numerous calls to netgear support, i was finally told by a Linksy's tech, who went above and beyond for me, that this model number cannot be bridged , that it does not have a NAT mode.    The Time spent in order to find out the realization that this model cannot be bridged has been an extremely frustrating one.  I even had a netgear manager tell me to downgrade my FirmWare Version.    I am wondering can someone recommend a Modem/Router (that has phone/voice capability and ports) that is just as good or better than this model?  Or Does Netgear offer another model that can be bridged?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.   

Thank you

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 14
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: BRIDGING ISSUE WITH C7100V NIGHTHAWK AC1900 WIFI CABLE MODEM ROUTER

Have you tired "NAT MODE OFF" setting? it should be there in Advance GUI page.

also, there is new product out CM500V with voice and it is just a plain bridged modem.

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Telephone-download-680Mbps-Certified/dp/B075XGZ6GL/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8...

Message 2 of 14
jag12
Aspirant

Yes.  i did try that.  And that is the issue..  There is no NAT mode on this model. with the firmware that i mentioned above.  

Message 3 of 14
quagmire1
Luminary

I'm in bridged mode with a C7100V and Firmware Version 2.01.30, so it definitely can be done.

Try Advanced > Administration > Router Mode

Check "No".

Message 4 of 14
quagmire1
Luminary

"NAT MODE OFF" worked in V 2.01.23, but it was changed in 2.01.30 as I described elsewhere.

Message 5 of 14
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@quagmire1

Please provide screenshots from your device. 

Message 6 of 14
quagmire1
Luminary

@vkdelta wrote:

@quagmire1

Please provide screenshots from your device. 

Gladly! 

Capture.JPG

Message 7 of 14
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@quagmire1

sorry, I dont see any attached picture. it may our forum issue. It is best if you attach option or just use 3rd party website such as imgur.com 

Message 8 of 14
quagmire1
Luminary

@vkdelta wrote:

@quagmire1

sorry, I dont see any attached picture. it may our forum issue. It is best if you attach option or just use 3rd party website such as imgur.com 

Interesting - I did see the picture.  Nevertheless, I'll try to attach it here.

Message 9 of 14
quagmire1
Luminary

@vkdelta wrote:

@quagmire1

Definitely a  forum issue.  I can see the screenshot with MS Edge and Firefox, but not with Chrome.

Message 10 of 14
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

@quagmire1

I see the screenshot. 

are you saying when you choose NAT mode = NO and apply, it still does not get into bridge mode?

Who is your ISP?

Message 11 of 14
quagmire1
Luminary

@vkdelta wrote:

@quagmire1

I see the screenshot. 

are you saying when you choose NAT mode = NO and apply, it still does not get into bridge mode?

Who is your ISP?

"NAT mode" is no longer an option in 2.01.30, just as the OP said in Message #3.

I originally bridged the C7100V under 2.01.23, and in that firmware, setting "NAT mode" to "No" bridged the gateway.  When the firmware updated to 2.01.30 (pushed by Comcast in the dead of night, without my knowledge), I found the interface had been changed, and now I have "Router Mode"  "Off" instead.

The only ISP supported by the C7100V is Comcast/Xfiinity. But being a Netgear employee, you already knew that, right? 😉

Message 12 of 14
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

router mode-off = Bridge mode = NAT mode-off (they are all the same).

are you having trouble getting this to work, if yes, please PM me.  

yes, I asked about ISP since I have seen people buying for other ISPs such as TWC, CableVision/Optimum, etc and expecting it to work. Yes, Only Xfinity is supported. 

Message 13 of 14
Sameddy
Aspirant

I just bought a Netgear C7100V cable modem to use with Comcast Network.

What i did to get it to work in Bridge mode is: In configuration mode go into advance look for gateway, there is another (options or check box right beside the Gateway.

Move over from Gateway check box to the next, that will put you into bridge mode.

save your settings.

My problem now if i used 192.168.100.1 or 192.168.0.1 I'm not been allowed to get back into the modem.

After setting your modem to Bridge mode you have to boot both Router and switch.

I'm using Cisco 1941 Router and a Cisco 3560 Switch.

good luck.

Message 14 of 14
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7