Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Best Router for CM1000

MJBoater
Aspirant

Best Router for CM1000

So I just purchased the CM1000.  I am using Xfinity (Comcast) for ISP.  I have the 300 meg down package now (just switched from 75 neg yesterday which caused me to upgrade to the CM1000 from a Arris SB6141 (does not allow more than 75 down right now for some reason.. Xfinity also lists it as unsupported now).

My current router is an ASUS AC66U.  I have used Asus for a long time for routers and know how to set them up.  I am just wondering though, should I upgrade to a newer model or not.  If so which one?  I am not a gamer.  I am pretty good at leaner new technologies for port forwarding etc..

My laptop is running a Killer Wireless n/a/ac 1535 card.

Asus Laptop N501VW with 25 GIG RAM

Any thoughts here?

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 5
MJBoater
Aspirant

What I am asking here.. is there any additional advantage in buying a Netgear router to use with the CM1000 cable modem?  Or basically these are acting seperately so buy the best router you feel good about.  I wasnt sure if Netgear has a special interface for going from the CM1000 to one of its routers.

Im realling thinking of Asus RT-AC88U or the Nighthawk X10 or open to suggestions.  Eventually, will probably move up to 1000 meg download

Message 2 of 5
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

it should not matter. just make sure they are high end to get speeds you are paying for. 

Please consider Mesh products such as Orbi which has different expeirence but not as many features as NightHawk.

see the reviews here and you can choose good models. you seem to have good enough idea. 

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/charts/router/view

Message 3 of 5
vitocorleone
Tutor

Router or WiFi access point or router with wifi?  If you're looking for one of the best wired routers and will add one of the best wifi systems - check out the Ubiquiti products. If you're looking for a combined router+wifi, I'd stick with Asus and get the AC86U.

Message 4 of 5
MJBoater
Aspirant

i went for 86U

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements