Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: C6300 port forwarding, is there a hard fix yet?

marcmgm
Aspirant

C6300 port forwarding, is there a hard fix yet?

Hello, so I've recently tried to utilize the port forwarding function on my C6300 and through trial and error I've combed forums for the program I trying to grant access with, windows firewall, even restored my computer from the ground up. I have Time Warner Cable running firmware V1.02.19 and I stumbled onto the forums here. Has there been a solid fix for this issue? I mean from a QA standpoint this is the kind of issue where class action lawsuits could be raised for the refunding of everybody who has purchased this product based on the fact that this is a known factory defect. Time Warner may be responsible for releasing the firmware but ultimately it would be Netgear's job to recall these units if proper firmware could not be released. Is there a deficiency report that has been submitted to companies like TWC informing them of this issue? I would like to know that the time I spent troubleshooting this issue has not gone to waste, any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. If the reports have been submitted I will take this up with public relations from TWC,

Thank you

Mike 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
marcmgm
Aspirant

Suffice to say that the RMA'D modem/router worked like a champ. Not only is it updated to firmware 1.02.21, but it also now lets me forward my ports as desired.

Final Analysis: previous C6300 was unfortunately bad out of the box, either from the initial firmware version or an inability to update to newer firmware due to hardware malfunction. On the plus side being very cordial and patient with customer support allowed me to achieve a resolution with maximum efficiency. So for those of you who find yourselves maybe lacking a little remember this, a little bit of patience goes a long way.  Number two, don't give up, don't ever give up Smiley Very Happy

Thanks to the Netgear team for fixing my issue. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Mike, are you suggesting that port forwarding is not working at all, or that it doesn’t work for specific applications? If the latter which application is it you are having issues with?

Message 2 of 6
marcmgm
Aspirant

So far it is not working at all, any port I try to open has been unsuccessful according to port forwarding checking application or canyouseeme.org
Message 3 of 6
marcmgm
Aspirant

Is there a range of ports that do not exist on this model?
Message 4 of 6
marcmgm
Aspirant

So to keep people up to date on this issue, I have spoken to netgear phone support twice, in between I took the liberty of contacting time warner to verify that the ISU is not blocking anything and that current firmware is good. So netgear has RMA'D my router and it will be awaiting my arrival when I get home today.
Message 5 of 6
marcmgm
Aspirant

Suffice to say that the RMA'D modem/router worked like a champ. Not only is it updated to firmware 1.02.21, but it also now lets me forward my ports as desired.

Final Analysis: previous C6300 was unfortunately bad out of the box, either from the initial firmware version or an inability to update to newer firmware due to hardware malfunction. On the plus side being very cordial and patient with customer support allowed me to achieve a resolution with maximum efficiency. So for those of you who find yourselves maybe lacking a little remember this, a little bit of patience goes a long way.  Number two, don't give up, don't ever give up Smiley Very Happy

Thanks to the Netgear team for fixing my issue. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7