Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

C6900 internet connectivity and wifi network dropping out

JGLeal
Aspirant

C6900 internet connectivity and wifi network dropping out

My C6900 modem/router has been working wonderfully for the past year and a half. Last month it started acting up. Internet connection will drop out for both wired and Wifi connections. All lights on the front of the unit are solid green. Wi-Fi network cannot be found on wireless devices even though the router never turned off and is currently on. It was happening about every other week until today, it's happened twice. Unplugging modem for a minute restores connections. Looking for any suggestions or troubleshooting tips.
Thanks.
Model: C6900|High Speed Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: C6900 internet connectivity and wifi network dropping out

do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page and your logs? this can help check your signal level. Sometimes to high/low of power can cause issues.

If you have any splitters, attenuators, amplifiers attached to your coax line, I'd remove them. 

You can also try a simple factory reset and reinstall. 

Message 2 of 8
JGLeal
Aspirant

Here's what i got, i don't know what any of it means. there are no splitters or anything in-line that im aware of. The cable comes out of the wall jack and directly to my modem/router.  I'm going to try the factory reset later this evening.

Message 3 of 8
JGLeal
Aspirant

is this what you were asking for?

Message 4 of 8
JGLeal
Aspirant

sorry, its only letting me post one pic at a time

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

yes thats what I was asking for. they all look good. 

Let us know how it goes after the factory reset and reinstall. 

Message 6 of 8
JGLeal
Aspirant

Is there a limit to the number of connected devices, wired and wireless? I couldn't find anything in the literature but maybe I missed it.
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

There is but unless you have a bunch of devices, I doubt your there. Even the wireless can handle up to 64 if you divide them out between the bands.
https://kb.netgear.com/24043/How-many-clients-can-you-connect-wirelessly-to-a-NETGEAR-router
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7