Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 Issues

RiveraHH1518
Follower

CM1000 Issues

Hello,

Today I went out and purchased the Netgear CM1000 modem to replace the Panoramic WiFi rental from Cox. I currently am on their Gigablast service but I am far from a "Gig" and even further from having a "Blast". With their Panoramic WiFi box I was getting speeds averaging 450 mbps, which is why I went out and bought the modem. Now, with this new modem I have dropped to speeds averaging 250 mbps. I checked out the info and logs, I don't understand them much but I see I have many warnings and criticals. Below I have attatched screenshots of the logs, do they seem weird to you guys?

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1000 Issues

we also need to see the rest of your download channels on a screen snip. 

You'd paid for gigabit using their box and weren't hitting gigabit speeds? Did you try troubleshooting prior to buying a new modem? 

Any splitters, amplifiers/attenuators in line? If so remove them.

Also preferably, move the modem right where the coax enters the home. this prevents issues with wiring within the home causing line problems. 

did you report this to cox prior to buying the CM1000 to have them check your line and make sure your area was capable of hitting gigabit or getting gigabit to your rented box? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7