Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 Lost Internet

net1a
Aspirant

CM1000 Lost Internet

On October 2nd 2021 my interntet stopped working.  No device in my home can conect to the internet.  I had Comcast come out and they told me the signal is going into the modem but nothing is comming out. Before he left he said that there was a problem with the last update netgear sent out and that I shoulld contact them.  I can not find a way to contact them unless i pay for the support.  I am hopping the community might be able to help me.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM1000 Lost Internet

If you connect a wired PC to the CM modem and power it off for 30 seconds then back ON, after it seems ready can you access the modems web page at 192.168.100.1 at all in a web browser? 

Message 2 of 9
net1a
Aspirant

When I did that it worked. Now I have Internet if I plug the modem directly into a device but when I plug it into my router I get nothing through it. The router is a nighthawk R700P phones and tablets say couldn't get ip address or no internet
Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

power off both the modem and the router. Leave them off for 2 minutes. Make sure nothing is connected to the ethernet ports on both.

then power on the modem and give it a couple minutes to fully boot 

connect its lan cable to the wan port on the router. 

boot up the router and give it a couple minutes to fully boot. 

See if the router works. 

Message 4 of 9
net1a
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  I tried what you said and still have the same results.  Device can connect to the wifi but no internet connection.  When I plug a computer directly into the modem it works.

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like your wifi router needs looked into. Contact the Mfr support for help and information regarding there product. 

Message 6 of 9
plemans
Guru

what firmware is on the R7000P?
are you able to log into it and access it? 

what are the led's on it doing? 

Message 7 of 9
net1a
Aspirant

not sure what firmwear version it has, i can not log in to it. All the lights are showing good white/blue

Message 8 of 9
plemans
Guru

Did you try factory resetting the router? 
Are you trying to connect to the router while hardwired into it? 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7