Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 V2 broken?

ibuyufo
Star

CM1000 V2 broken?

The cable modem was working fine this morning before I left for work.  Some times in the afternoon the internet started acting strangely from what I was told.  When I went to power cycle the cable modem (CM1000 V2) all the lights, except for the network symbol, started rapidly flashing.  Is the cable modem toast?  As a disclosure, I was a beta tester for this cable modem so there should be no warranty.  I uploaded a video to better illustrate the issue.  It does this whether it's connected to the cable or not.

Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 1 of 13
plemans
Guru

Re: CM1000 V2 broken?

Are you able to ping it? 

If you were a beta tester, you probably have a few devices sitting around. Check to see if swapping power supplies helps. 

Also, try unhooking the coax from the modem, then try factory resetting it. I've had power feedback from a coax feed before that caused issues. 

Message 2 of 13
ibuyufo
Star

Hi.  Thanks for the suggestions.  I did swap the power supply to another with 12V 2.5A output and still same issue.  I can't ping the modem because it seems to not be able to boot up.  The issue occurs about 3 seconds after powering on the device even with the coax cable unplugged.  Holding the reset button on the back doesn't seem to do anything at all.  I'm contemplating opening the cable modem and checking the components for shorts.

Message 3 of 13
plemans
Guru

Did you contact any of the beta team managers? 

Might be worth it prior to cracking it open

Message 4 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

contact the original Beta Managers to see what they can do to help.

ideally, please start with Beta PM before forums for the Beta Program devices.

Message 5 of 13
ibuyufo
Star

Sorry.  I'm not sure what the protocol is for beta devices that has been out of beta for over a year now and the beta site closed.  Can you give me some advice how I would go about contacting the people involved in the beta?  Thanks!

Message 6 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

You should have recieved a email about whom to contact for after beta support. There would have been a couple of email addresses to make contact with. Send vkdelta a PM here as well to get more information. 

Message 7 of 13
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

we think we  know who you are 🙂

you shall get an email..

Message 8 of 13
ibuyufo
Star

Thank you!  I actually went back to look at the email and found it!  I didn't know there was a direct contact with the beta coordinator.  Thanks again!

Message 9 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 13
McCuean
Aspirant

I am currently having the same issue. Is there a solution to this at all. The problem started after a power outage
Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready
Message 11 of 13
ibuyufo
Star

This is a hardware problem and there's no fix other than to replace it under warranty.  Reach out to Netgear and see if they can do anything about it.

Message 12 of 13
FURRYe38
Guru

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

@McCuean wrote:
I am currently having the same issue. Is there a solution to this at all. The problem started after a power outage

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7