Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM1000 new purchase and I need some advise before I try to install. I may need to return.

JohnLumpkins
Aspirant

CM1000 new purchase and I need some advise before I try to install. I may need to return.

Hello, 

I recently made the decision to get rid of cable TV and go to a streaming platform in my home. I've already upgraded my in home router to the Nighthawk R8500 and it's up and running. I currently have Charter (Spectrum) as my internet provider. I'm still connected using the modem provided by Spectrum but as soon as I've swapped over to my new one I'll return all the cable company's hardware and remove all rental fees. My issue and problem is, after I received the modem CM1000 and started looking over the installation instructions I found Spectrum currently does not recognize as tested any 1Gigabit modems. I realized this to late, but I'm questioning why this would still be an issue as to operation. Is it the difference of DOCSIS 3.0 vs 3.1. Is there an incompatibility with a higher speed modem?

Model: CM1000|DOCSIS® 3.1
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: CM1000 new purchase and I need some advise before I try to install. I may need to return.

yes, it will work if network is compatible.

some parts of spectrum's network are NOT FULL D3.0. 

be careful when purchasing for Spectrum

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: CM1000 new purchase and I need some advise before I try to install. I may need to return.

spectrum has not certified DOCSIS 3.1 devices from vendor and to this date, they decline to certify the modem since their network is not ready.

Message 2 of 4
JohnLumpkins
Aspirant

I just spent a good deal of time reading about the the differences between DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 . From what I was able to surmise was that the 3.1 modem will work on the 3.0 network. If I'm incorrect please let me know.

Message 3 of 4
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

yes, it will work if network is compatible.

some parts of spectrum's network are NOT FULL D3.0. 

be careful when purchasing for Spectrum

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7