Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM500v and Optimum

Devons
Aspirant

CM500v and Optimum

Can someone PLEASE once and for all tell me if Netgear CM500v works on ALL Optimum services? Like others that have posted the CM500v works on internet/cable/WiFi but I get no dial tone for voice.  One end of the phone cord is plugged into the modem, the other end is plugged into the wall jack.  The set up diagram says to plug the other end into tho the phone.  I have tried both and still no dial tone.  Called Optimum.  They went through their trouble shooting, then sent it to the escalation team (the escalation team works bankers hours m-f - that is a different rant) I have not heard back from the escalation team.  I called Optimum tech support BEFORE purchasing and I was told that Netgear CM500v IS compatible.  All over this msg board, I am seeing all of the same issues that I'm experiencing (phone 1 ports no lights, phone 2 port which is empty blinks on and off) I also see differing responses.  Some say the CM500v is NOT COMPATIBLE with Optimum and others on the board say to contact Optimum and they can activate.  Again, I'm still awaiting a call from Optimum escalation team.  In the meantime - can someone please tell me what Optimum has said to them directly about the CM500v an Optimum voice. Also, Netgear told me that Optimum was pushed the upgraded firmware, 10, mine is 9, and Optimum can upgrade my firmware, I can't do it myself. Can anyone speak to this? Is it accurate?

Thanks for any assistance that anyone can supply. 

*please only respond with your direct experience and knowledge and not your opinion.

Message 1 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM500v and Optimum

Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page.
Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly.
Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box. 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 
Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/General-info-and-Troubleshooting-for-Cable-Mod...

Message 2 of 9
Devons
Aspirant

Hi Furrye38 and thank you for your response.  Please see the below and please see my responses to your questions in BOLD .

I have wireless phones.  I have tried both plugging the cord directly into phone and directly into the wall phone jack and still not phone service. Only phone 2 on the modem blinks green even when that jack is empty. We moved the cord to phone 2 line and the tech provisioned it to phone 2 it still blinks green and yet no phone service.

You said, "Please post a copy and paste of the modems connection status page." where do I find this connection status page?

Have the ISP check the signal and line quality UP to the modem. Be sure the ISP provisions the modem correctly. 

Several techs at Optimum took me through checking the signal and provisions.  Still no voice

Be sure there are no coax cable line splitters in the between the modem and ISP service box.

NONE 
Be sure your using good quality RG6 coax cable up to the modem. 

It seems to be a good cable as it is the same cable that was used with the Arris 

Be sure to power OFF the modem for 1 minute them back ON.

We did that several times during trouble shooting provisions

Message 3 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Using a web browser and wired PC connected to the modem or thru a wireless router thats connected to the modem, open the following in the web browser:

Under the Basic tab you should see Connection Status button, select it. 

Message 4 of 9
Devons
Aspirant

Hi Furrye38,

Here is what it says:

AFF1E2D7-2076-4379-BDC2-47D4B7785579.jpegD02ACF32-5150-4FC7-85B3-176425013FFB.jpeg

Message 5 of 9
Devons
Aspirant

Hi Furrye38,

is this what you are seeking?

Voice Status

MTA Provision Status  Rejected
MTA MAC Address  28:80:88:ba:52:29
MTA Telephony Line1 Status  Disabled
MTA Telephony Line2 Status  Disabled
MTA Line1 HD Audio Status  Enabled
MTA Line2 HD Audio Status  Enabled
Message 6 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

The ISP should be able to check on why  the status says:

MTA Provision Status  Rejected
Message 7 of 9
Devons
Aspirant

They are "sending a tech" on Tuesday. I still don't think it is an external issue that a tech can solve.

thx

Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Youll need to check WITH the ISP. The ISP wil have this information. Not all ISP may support his model modem.

From the spec sheet, it was certified to use on Xfinity. No others were mentioned:

https://www.netgear.com/images/datasheet/cable/CM500V_DS.pdf

Again, the ISP will have this information. Please contact them. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7