Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't turn on LEDs C6220

Gifer
Aspirant

Can't turn on LEDs C6220

When I bought my AC1200, C6220 yesterday 8/31/19, plugged it in, and hit the power button on the back, all the LEDs lit for constant maybe 3-5 seconds. all went off, then power light lit constant green.

I used xFinity app and set up with no problem. I did so, even though no other LEDs lit as I was expecting. So, I waited 10, 30, all day hours... no lights. The router works great, does not drop internet like the xFinity routers... but I can't turn the LEDs on. Sometimes, I need to know the status such as when I am using WPS or if the WIFI gets disabled with the on board button accidently or otherwise.

I logged into the Netgear Gateway with hardwire from my PC, and also tried wireless to log in. I went to Advance Settings, and LED control settings. It is set to disable all LEDs except power light. I can't select the other two status radio buttons. my firmware is V1.02.02.

Anyone know why? Is there a setting in the gateway that i need to enable to allow me to make advanced changes?

Thanks

Model: C6220|DOCSIS 3.0 High Speed WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't turn on LEDs C6220

Is this modem from a ISP or did you buy it online? 

Try a factory reset with the coax cable disconnected from the modem and use a wired PC to go in and see if you can enable the LEDs on the modems web page...

Message 2 of 4
Gifer
Aspirant

I found the problem. I didn’t realize there was a physical switch in the back to turn the LEDs off. I turned it on everything’s working now. Thank you.

Btw, I bought it to replace my isp box second one which was problematic.
Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you found the problem. Please mark your thread as solved so others will know.

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7